Beyond the Note…Jazz Music Essentials
Dear Musicians, Music Students,
My new lecture series Beyond the Note…Jazz Music Essentials, is based on my experience over the past 60 years, performing in concerts and recording with jazz legends, my own groups and presenting jazz workshops worldwide in over 31 countries including the USA.
This lecture series has 10 topics discussed and are between 45-60 minutes each. The topics are:
- Learning to Follow the Music in a Small Ensemble context
- Listening and Communication
- Our Individual Personality
- Practice Schedule and Concentration
- Eliminating Fears During a Performance
- Three Multiple Daily Jazz Vitamins
- Music Business
The cost is $40 per topic or $300 for all 10 topics. To purchase go to PayPal and send the dollar amount to email@example.com specifying the entire lecture series or the title(s) of topic(s) desired. A private link will be sent to you containing your choice(s).
Studies on How to Follow the Music in a Small Ensemble Context
David Friesen is now accepting bass students
for lessons and students on any instrument for workshops.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lessons.
Contact Jerry Simon at email@example.com for information about ensemble workshops in Seattle, Washington.
Goals of the Lessons and Workshops
The lessons and workshops offer hope, encouragement, eliminate fears, improve technical skills and establish confidence in the student's musical life style. Each student will gain self respect and confidence in their playing and will be a more musical player with more depth.
The intent is to help broaden the student's ability and vision of music by explaining:
- What to Practice
- How to organize a practice schedule
- Practice techniques
- How to reveal the special qualities and uniqueness of each individual student/musician
- Overcoming fears while playing music
- Establishing confidence
- How to listen and what to listen for
- Strengthening the time feel
- How to participate in a small group format, where the music becomes the focus of attention rather than the individual
- Purpose and Commitment
Music Studies Book Series
David Friesen now has available a book
based on his workshops:
Music Studies Series- Learning To Follow The Music in a Small Ensemble Context.