Studies on How to Follow the Music in a Small Ensemble Context
David Friesen is now accepting bass students for lessons and students on any instrument for workshops.
Watch a video of David teaching a college workshop:
Goals of the Lessons and Workshops
The lessons and workshops offer hope, encouragement, eliminate fears, improve technical skills and establish confidence in the student's musical life style. Each student will gain self respect and confidence in their playing and will be a more musical player with more depth.
The intent is to help broaden the student's ability and vision of music by explaining:
- What to Practice
- How to organize a practice schedule
- Practice techniques
- How to reveal the special qualities and uniqueness of each individual student/musician
- Overcoming fears while playing music
- Establishing confidence
- How to listen and what to listen for
- Strengthening the time feel
- How to participate in a small group format, where the music becomes the focus of attention rather than the individual
- Purpose and Commitment
For More Information
David Friesen can be reached at email@example.com to acquire about lessons.
Dan Waineo can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for those interested in the ensemble workshops in Portland, Oregon. https://sites.google.com/view/david-friesen-jazz-workshop/home
Jerry Simons can be reached at email@example.com for those interested in the ensemble workshops in Seattle, Washington.
Music Studies Book Series
David Friesen now has available a book
based on his workshops:
Music Studies Series- Learning To Follow The Music in a Small Ensemble Context.