BEYOND the NOTE… JAZZ MUSIC ESSENTIALS
Dear Musicians, Music Students,
My new lecture series Beyond the Note…Jazz Music Essentials, is based on my experience over the past 60 years, performing in concerts and recording with jazz legends, my own groups and presenting jazz workshops worldwide in over 31 countries including the USA.
This lecture series has 10 topics discussed and are between 45-60 minutes each. The topics are:
- Learning to Follow the Music in a Small Ensemble context
- Listening and Communication
- Our Individual Personality
- Practice Schedule and Concentration
- Eliminating Fears During a Performance
- Three Multiple Daily Jazz Vitamins
- Music Business
The cost is $40 per topic or $300 for all 10 topics. To purchase go to David Friesen Jazz Education e-shop: https://www.davidfriesenjazzeducation.net/recorded-lectures/
Personal Zoom / Skype Lessons for Students Around the World
David Friesen also offers private lessons on Zoom and Skype
for the bass and all other instruments. If you are interested, contact him email@example.com.
Students will have a chance to study with David Friesen on the following subjects for 1+ hour via Zoom. Cost is $40 per subject.
Books by David Friesen
Music Studies Series-
Learning To Follow The Music in a Small Ensemble Context.
Original Musiccontaining 25 of David Friesen original compositions including five compositions in each of the following styles: Straight Ahead, Ballad,
Odd Time, Waltz and Open Eighth Note Feel.
To purchase go to David Friesen Jazz Education e-shop: https://www.davidfriesenjazzeducation.net/david-friesen-original-music/
Studies on How to Follow the Music in a Small Ensemble Context
David Friesen is now accepting bass students
for lessons and students on any instrument for workshops.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lessons.
Contact Jerry Simon at email@example.com for information about ensemble workshops in Seattle, Washington.
Goals of the Lessons and Workshops
The lessons and workshops offer hope, encouragement, eliminate fears, improve technical skills and establish confidence in the student's musical life style. Each student will gain self respect and confidence in their playing and will be a more musical player with more depth.
The intent is to help broaden the student's ability and vision of music by explaining:
- What to Practice
- How to organize a practice schedule
- Practice techniques
- How to reveal the special qualities and uniqueness of each individual student/musician
- Overcoming fears while playing music
- Establishing confidence
- How to listen and what to listen for
- Strengthening the time feel
- How to participate in a small group format, where the music becomes the focus of attention rather than the individual
- Purpose and Commitment